Meeting Rooms Policy
1. Meeting rooms are available free of charge to all authorized users. Authorized
users are educational, civic and cultural organizations.
2. Meeting rooms consist of the auditorium, the conference room and the local
1. Use of the meeting facilities for library functions takes precedence over any
2. No fees, charges, or collections may be made by any organization at the library.
3. The Library reserves the right to limit the frequency of meetings to insure the
widest possible opportunity of use for the meeting facilities by as many
organizations as possible.
4. The Library reserves the right to deny organizations the use of meeting facilities
if they fail to follow rules and procedures herein or if they act in a disorderly
1. Reservations, on a first-come, first-served basis, must be made with the director,
adult services librarian, or their designated representatives.
2. All organizations using the meeting facilities must complete a meeting facilities
application/ registration form and returned no later than 5 days before the date of
use. Reservations will not be made prior to the filing of the form.
Rules for Use
1. Meeting rooms are available only during the normal operating hours of the
library. Meetings must terminate 15 minutes prior to the posted closing time of
2. All meeting must be free and open to the public.
3. Neither the name nor the address of the library may be used as the official
name, address or headquarters of an organization using the meeting facilities.
4. The library is not responsible for equipment, supplies materials, or other
property owned by organizations using meeting facilities.
5. Light refreshments may be served.
6. Only furniture furnished by the library may be used without approval from a
7. Each group is responsible for cleaning up after use, returning moved furniture to
its original location, and for the replacement of lost or damaged equipment. Any
group not leaving the room in a neat and orderly condition will be notified that a
second offence will result in its being denied further use of the room.
8. There is no smoking, vaping or use of any tobacco products in the library or
within 100 feet of the front door.