Friends of the Ogdensburg Public Library Corp.
The Friends continuing Outdoor Activities to get to know other members.
Indian Creek Nature Center Snowshoe or hike. (MEET there)
Date: Saturday, March 4th, Time: 11:00 A.M. (Weather date: Sunday, March 5th same time)
Indian Creek Nature Center is located at 1125 County Route 14 Rensselaer Falls, New York 13680.
We will be snowshoeing or hiking the Lowland Trail (1.1-mile loop) — This trail begins at the end of the boardwalk and follows the perimeter of the lowland forest on the marsh boundary. In just over one mile, the Lowland Trail returns to the Boardwalk and Observation Deck Trail. Extensive views of the central region Upper and Lower Lakes WMA greet walkers all along the trail’s length. This is a great trail for spotting waterfowl and other wetland animals and has been designed as an interpretative trail with numbered landmarks. Interpretation brochures are available at the parking lot kiosk.
Bring a lunch to relax and enjoy the location with other Friends. There is a nice pavilion halfway around with a bench to sit.
Dress for the Weather!
Directions to Indian Creek Nature Center:
• Take State Rte. 68 from Ogdensburg toward Canton approximately 12.1 miles,
• turn right onto County Rte. 14, toward Rensselear Falls. Go for 3.6 miles.
• Indian Creek Nature Center road is on Left.
• The parking lot is about 1/4 mile.
• Anyone who wants may follow me from my home, address 410 Pleasant Avenue, Ogdensburg. I will be leaving at 10:20 A.M.
PLEASE Contact Tom Lawrence, email@example.com, 315-393-3503 to attend and for more information.
- Post author:Melanie Brown
- Post published:February 9, 2023
- Post category:Uncategorized
- Post comments:0 Comments